[Rd] rggobi not in bin/macosx/universal/contrib/2.6/PACKAGES on CRAN

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Sep 25 22:53:59 CEST 2007

On Sep 25, 2007, at 4:33 PM, hadley wickham wrote:

> On 9/25/07, Simon Urbanek <simon.urbanek at r-project.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 25, 2007, at 12:58 PM, Herve Pages wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> R-2.6 + install.packages() doesn't find rggobi on Mac OS X.
>>> The .tgz file is here:
>>>
>>>   http://cran.fhcrc.org/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/2.6/
>>>
>>> but it is not listed in the PACKAGES file:
>>>
>>>   http://cran.fhcrc.org/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/2.6/PACKAGES
>>>
>>> Any idea why?
>>>

>> Yes, because it doesn't work - please see the check results:
>> http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/checkSummary.html
>>
>> I have verified it today and the ggobi binary from the ggobi pages is
>> still not fixed.
>
> What's wrong with it?  We haven't any problems reported.

It's linking to a non-existent libfreetype (see the output of the
make check) and it got reported to me a month ago by Heike. At that
time we also discussed the fix and I was assuming that you were in
the loop (I guess you have a dynamic freetype masking the static one
in /usr/local/lib).

Cheers,
Simon