[Rd] html help fails for named vector objects (PR#9927)

P Ehlers ehlers at math.ucalgary.ca
Sun Sep 23 11:52:35 CEST 2007

There seems also to be a difference between the way 'help()' and '?'
handle 'topic' in some cases.

Consider:
lm <- "aov"

The following all bring up help for 'lm':
?lm
?"lm"
help("lm")

This opens help for 'aov':
help(lm)

It seems that "?" doesn't care about quoting, but "help" does.
Did I miss something in the docs?
(If it matters, I'm using options(chmhelp=TRUE).)

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.6.0 beta (2007-09-18 r42895)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_Canada.1252; [snip]

attached base packages: