[Rd] warning upon automatic close of connection

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 14:22:55 CEST 2007

I would like to follow up on the annoying warnings which are generated
when connections are automatically closed.  This is affecting several of
my packages and is quite a nuisance.

R does not give you a message every time it garbage collects, at least
by default.  Perhaps there could be a higher level of warnings that issue
information on garbage collection, closed connections, etc. or perhaps the
user could have control over it but having it as the default is really
a nuisance
and I hope this warning can be removed.