[Rd] R-2.6.0 package check problems

Thomas Petzoldt Thomas.Petzoldt at tu-dresden.de
Fri Oct 5 17:49:26 CEST 2007

Robin Hankin wrote:
 > Hello
 >

 > One of my packages, untb_1.3-2, passes R CMD check under
 > MacOSX (and apparently the systems used in the package check
 > summary page on CRAN) but fails with the following message on
 > R-2.6.0.tgz compiled last night on my (home) linux box.  I hasten
 > to add that I have never seen this error before on home-compiled
 > pre-releases of R-2.6.0.
 >
 > Can anyone help me understand what is going on?

Hi Robin,

congratulations to your published article about untb ;-)

One possible explanation is that your examples use random numbers which
may be different ones during the CRAN check. I had this problem with
another package where a "rare random number event" lead to
non-convergence of optim during the package check. You may use
set.seed() as a first aid and then try to stabilize your algorithms.

BTW: untb_1.3-2.tar.gz passed the check just now on my system: R 2.7.0
Under development (unstable), svn rev 43092 (5. Oct), i386-pc-mingw32

Thomas P.

--
Thomas Petzoldt
Technische Universitaet Dresden