[Rd] Rexcelpoi

Joe W. Byers ecjbosu at aol.com
Thu Oct 4 04:25:41 CEST 2007

I was experimenting with Rexcelpoi from Armstrong Whit.  I was able to
compile the package in my Redhat linux machine with a few warnings but
no errors.  I was not able to get the package built on my windows xp
computer, but that is for another post.

I load R on the linux computer and type in the library call to Rexcelpoi
the receive the following error.

library(Rexcelpoi)

  *** caught segfault ***
address (nil), cause 'memory not mapped'

Traceback:
  1: dyn.load(file, ...)
  2: library.dynam(lib, package, package.lib)
  3: loadNamespace(package, c(which.lib.loc, lib.loc), keep.source =
keep.source)
  4: doTryCatch(return(expr), name, parentenv, handler)
  5: tryCatchOne(expr, names, parentenv, handlers[[1]])
  6: tryCatchList(expr, classes, parentenv, handlers)
  7: tryCatch(expr, error = function(e) {    call <- conditionCall(e)
  if (!is.null(call)) {        if (identical(ca       ll[[1]],
quote(doTryCatch)))             call <- sys.call(-4)        dcall <-
deparse(call)[1]        prefix <- paste       ("Error in", dcall, ": ")
        LONGCALL <- 30        if (nchar(dcall) > LONGCALL)
prefix <- paste(prefi       x, "\n\t", sep = "")    }    else prefix <-
"Error : "    msg <- paste(prefix, conditionMessage(e), "\n", sep = "")
           .Internal(seterrmessage(msg[1]))    if (!silent &&
identical(getOption("show.error.messages"),         TRUE)) {
    cat(msg, file = stderr())        .Internal(printDeferredWarnings())
    }    invisible(structure(msg, class = "try       -error"))})
  8: try({    ns <- loadNamespace(package, c(which.lib.loc, lib.loc),
keep.source = keep.source)    dataPath <- file.p
ath(which.lib.loc, package, "data")    env <- attachNamespace(ns, pos =
pos, dataPath = dataPath)})
  9: library(Rexcelpoi)

Possible actions:
1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)
2: normal R exit
3: exit R without saving workspace
4: exit R saving workspace
Selection:

Some things I can figure out, but this one is beyond my capabilities.
Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.  If you think the
build warnings are important, I can rebuild the package and post those.

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Thank you
Joe