[Rd] XML parsing under R / Extracting nodes’ values

Hin-Tak Leung hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Tue May 15 14:36:31 CEST 2007

- you should have posted to either R-help or (more appropriately) to
the omega-help list.

That said, you need something like this:

root.node <- xmlTreeParse(x, useInternalNodes = TRUE)
nbrelation.set <- getNodeSet(root.node, "//nbRelations")
nbrelation.list <- sapply(nbrelation.set, function(x) { xmlValue(x) } )

and nbrelation.list now contains the "2" in
nbRelations as text - you may want to do as.numeric() on it as well.