[Rd] Qt device update

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Mon May 7 21:07:17 CEST 2007

On 5/5/07, Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

[...]

>      o	dev.interactive() regards devices with the displaylist enabled
>  	as interactive, and packages can register the names of their
>  	devices as interactive via deviceIsInteractive().

Thanks. A related issue: 2.5.0's NEWS has:

    o   options(device = ) now accepts a function object as well as
        the name of a function.

(For some reason, I had thought this was true all along, but in any
case) This means that it's now reasonable to do

> options(device = function() x11("", 4, 4))

But then I get (iff there is no device open)

> example(glm)
Error in match(x, table, nomatch = 0) : 'match' requires vector arguments

because dev.interactive() doesn't know about the change yet.
dev.interactive() cannot really do anything useful in this case, but
an error seems too harsh (especially since example(glm) doesn't even
have any graphics).

-Deepayan