[Rd] Rmpi and OpenMPI ?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Mar 30 22:01:19 CEST 2007

On 30 March 2007 at 12:48, Ei-ji Nakama wrote:
| Prof. Nakano(ism Japan) and I wrestled in Rmpi on HP-MPI.
| Do not know a method to distinguish MPI well?
| It is an ad-hoc patch at that time as follows.

Thank you *very much* for this.  I tried an ad-hoc patch that did about half
of this (i.e. coping with configure, and not letting zzz.R play with lamboot)
which let to Rmpi at least building ... but not yet running.

I will look more closely at what needs to happen at the C/C++ level in MPI
and see if I can (eventually) put the rest together.

As for your question about distinguishing MPI implementations: Not sure yet.
Under Debian, I had to un-install the lam and mpich2 development packages as
configure would otherwise find their mpi.h first.  I'll have to see if there
is a canonical / portable identifier for MPI.

For anybody else reading along, this appears to be a great resource (and it
requires a free registration for webct):

	http://webct.ncsa.uiuc.edu:8900/public/MPI/

Regards,  Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison