[Rd] Index for a package

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Mar 29 14:38:21 CEST 2007

On 3/29/2007 8:09 AM, fabio frascati wrote:
> Hi. I am Fabio Frascati and I am from Italy. I have a dubt about R: How can I have alphabetical index of my package index of  functions? Example:
>
>                             --A--
>   aaa
>   aaab
>
>                              --B--
>
>   bbbbb
>   bbc
>
>   Thank you,

Please ask questions like this on the R-devel mailing list, so everyone
can see the answers (and can provide better ones).

When you install a package R will automatically create an index of the
sort you want.  It will only break it up by starting letter ("--A--",
etc.) if there are more than 100 entries.  The index is stored in
RHOME/library/<package name>/html/00Index.html.

"R CMD Rd2dvi" will also create an alphabetical table of contents in
various formats.  (I believe it's alphabetical by filename, but lists
the internal name in the TOC; if those are different, it will appear not
to be alphabetical.)

Duncan Murdoch