[Rd] Bridging R to OpenOffice

Hin-Tak Leung hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 28 11:57:11 CEST 2007

Hmm, if all you are interested is reading/writing Excel spreadsheets
from R, there are much lighter and easier ways of doing it, than
hooking up with openoffice. The Perl people have had
Spreadsheet::ParseExcel and Spreadsheet::WriteExcel for years (and
they work quite well, personal experience). Those are tiny
(a couple of Mb's?) compared to the size of openoffice.

HTL