[Rd] Problems with package containing S4 classes

Benilton Carvalho bcarvalh at jhsph.edu
Sat Mar 17 00:35:08 CET 2007

The Collate field gives the order that the files are going to be
concatenated. If they're concatenated using the "wrong" order, your
installation might fail (for example, the generic is defined after
the method).

A recommended source is the  "Writing R Extensions"

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html

Session 1.1.1 - The Description File (Writing R Extensions)

says exactly what you shohuld know about the Collate field (and not
only that).