[Rd] Problems with package containing S4 classes
cstrato at aon.at
Fri Mar 16 21:55:58 CET 2007
Currently, I am trying to create a test package "testS4" using S4 classes,
which I am attaching.
Running R CMD check gives the following error:
coeurebooks-computer:/Volumes/CoreData/CRAN cs$ R CMD check
* checking for working latex ...sh: line 1: latex: command not found
* using log directory '/Volumes/CoreData/CRAN/testS4.Rcheck'
* using R version 2.5.0 Under development (unstable) (2007-02-26 r40806)
* checking for file 'testS4/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* this is package 'testS4' version '0.1.1'
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking whether package 'testS4' can be installed ... OK
* checking package directory ... OK
* checking for portable file names ... OK
* checking for sufficient/correct file permissions ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking top-level files ... OK
* checking index information ... OK
* checking package subdirectories ... OK
* checking R files for non-ASCII characters ... OK
* checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded ... ERROR
Error in library.dynam(lib, package, package.lib) :
shared library 'testS4' not found
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'testS4'
Can someone explain what this error means?
What is meant with "shared library"?
For another test package I get the following error
coeurebooks-computer:/Volumes/CoreData/CRAN cs$ R CMD INSTALL -l
* Installing *source* package 'mytest' ...
** save image
Error in setMethod("export", "derivedClass", export.derivedClass) :
no existing definition for function "export"
Error: unable to load R code in package 'mytest'
This error is even more strange since I cannot reproduce it in the
What may be the reason for this error?
Thank you in advance.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3180 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/attachments/20070316/d4ef7ed7/attachment.gz
More information about the R-devel