[Rd] Periods in package names?

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 5 22:00:43 CET 2007

Hi,

is it ok to have more than one period in a package name, e.g. aroma.light.bioc?

I remember there was once a limitation/a recommendation that one
should use at most one period in a package name.  I just browsed
"Writing R Extensions" (for R v2.4.1) and scanned it for words
"period" and "dot", and I cannot find this limitation anymore, but
only:

"The Package and Version fields give the name and the version of the
package, respectively. The name should consist of letters, numbers,
and the dot character and start with a letter. [...]"

Best

Henrik