[Rd] fortune() in .Rprofile conflicts with R CMD INSTALL

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Sun Mar 4 17:18:38 CET 2007

Gregor Gorjanc <gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si> writes:

> Hello,
>
> This is about fortune package, but I think that might be related also to
> base R, so I am sending to package maintainer and R-devel list.
>
> I have the following in my .Rprofile to break monotony of code writing
>
> library(utils)
> library(fortunes)
> fortune()
> detach("package:fortunes")

The quick fix for you is, I believe,

    if (interactive()) {
        library(fortunes)
        fortune()
        detach("package:fortunes")
    }

Whether something could be changed so that R's output doesn't confuse
itself and gcc when doing R CMD INSTALL, seems like it should be
possible.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org