[Rd] LAPACK Headers

statmobile at gmail.com statmobile at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 04:53:42 CEST 2007

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 11:27:44PM +0100, Hin-Tak Leung wrote:
> Try this? (this is on 2.5.0, I don't use 2.4.x anymore)
>
> #include <R_ext/Lapack.h>

I tried this, but I still get the warning of implicit declaration of
function.  It does compile though.

> Have you actually tried grep dgesv $R_HOME/include/* $R_HOME/include/*/*
> to see which file to include for dgesv ??

Well, when I grep the R source files, I get:

$ find . -name "*" -print | xargs grep -i 'La_dgesv'
./src/main/basedecl.h:SEXP La_dgesv(SEXP, SEXP, SEXP);
./src/main/lapack.c:SEXP La_dgesv(SEXP A, SEXP B, SEXP tol)
./src/main/lapack.c:SEXP La_dgesv(SEXP A, SEXP B, SEXP tol)
./src/main/registration.c:    CALLDEF(La_dgesv, 3),
./src/library/base/R/solve.R:     .Call("La_dgesv", a, b, tol, PACKAGE
= "base")
./src/library/base/R/solve.R:     drop(.Call("La_dgesv", a,
as.matrix(b), tol, PACKAGE = "base")))
./src/modules/lapack/Lapack.c:static SEXP modLa_dgesv(SEXP A, SEXP
Bin, SEXP tolin)
./src/modules/lapack/Lapack.c:    tmp->dgesv = modLa_dgesv;
./src/include/Rmodules/Rlapack.h:typedef SEXP (*Rf_La_dgesv)(SEXP A,
SEXP B, SEXP tol);
./src/include/Rmodules/Rlapack.h:    Rf_La_dgesv dgesv;

So it looks like La_dgesv is declared in basedecl.h, but I don't see
this file anywhere else on my machine.  Maybe I shouldn't be using
this function in my package?