[Rd] LAPACK Headers

statmobile at gmail.com statmobile at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 23:45:58 CEST 2007

Hey Everyone,

I'm running R 2.4.0 on Debian etch 4.0, and I'm trying to call some
LAPACK functions from the C code in my package.  Actually, to be
honest I'm not really having trouble using commands such as La_dgesv
from within my C code, but I do get warning when compiling the package
saying:

***.c: In function '***':
***.c:37: warning: implicit declaration of function 'La_dgesv'
***.c:37: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without
a cast

I tried using:

#include <Rmodules/Rlapack.h>

but it won't compile the package at all with that included,
complaining that

***.h:5:30: error: Rmodules/Rlapack.h: No such file or directory

Can someone explain to me how I should include the headers to this
AWESOME wrapper code to the LAPACK libraries?  Am I not following the
proper protocol by using these La_* commands in my package source
code?

Note, I also have the following in Makevars

PKG_LIBS = $(LAPACK_LIBS) $(BLAS_LIBS) $(FLIBS)

TIA!

I initially posted this question on the general list, but I didn't get
any responses.