[Rd] documenting S4 replacement methods

Aaron A. King aaron.king at umich.edu
Tue Jun 5 19:30:04 CEST 2007

I'm writing a package that uses S4 classes.  I'd like to have a 'coef<-'
method for one or more of the classes.  The generic is defined already (in
nlme).  Defining it is no problem, but I can't seem to figure out how to
handle the documentation.  In particular, I'd like a \usage entry in the .Rd
file but no variant of

\S4method{coef<-}{mif}(object, pars, ..., value)
\S4method{coef<-}{mif}(object, pars, ...) <- value
\S4method{coef}{mif}(object, pars, ...) <- value

does the job.  Is there a way to have the \usage line in the .Rd file?  If so,
what is the correct syntax?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

--