[Rd] formula(CO2)

(Ted Harding) ted.harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Mon Jul 16 16:40:40 CEST 2007

On 16-Jul-07 14:16:10, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> Following up on your comments it seems formula.data.frame just creates
> a formula whose lhs is the first column name and whose rhs is made up
> of the remaining column names.  It ignores the "formula" attribute.
>
> In fact, CO2 does have a formula attribute but its not extracted by
> formula.data.frame:
>
>> CO2 at formula
> uptake ~ conc | Plant
>> formula(CO2)
> Plant ~ Type + Treatment + conc + uptake

Indeed! And, following up yet again on my own follow-up comment:

library(combinat)

for(j in (1:4)){
  for(i in combn((1:4),j,simplify=FALSE)){
    print(formula(CO2[,c(5,i)]))
  }
}
uptake ~ Plant
uptake ~ Type
uptake ~ Treatment
uptake ~ conc
uptake ~ Plant + Type
uptake ~ Plant + Treatment
uptake ~ Plant + conc
uptake ~ Type + Treatment
uptake ~ Type + conc
uptake ~ Treatment + conc
uptake ~ Plant + Type + Treatment
uptake ~ Plant + Type + conc
uptake ~ Plant + Treatment + conc
uptake ~ Type + Treatment + conc
uptake ~ Plant + Type + Treatment + conc

opening the door to automated fitting of all possible models
(without interactions)!

Now if only I could find out how to do the interactions as well,
I would never need to think again!

best wishes,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <ted.harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk>