[Rd] problem with findFun call from embedded R

Byron Ellis byron.ellis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 02:34:23 CEST 2007

Yeah, setting R_Interactive is probably fine. I do it (not that I
should be considered a "safe" user of R). As to the findFun issue,
there is a much more useful function (findVar1 maybe?) that wouldn't
die if the object didn't exist.

Sadly, like many functions useful for the development of user
interfaces and embedding R have been marked "hidden" making them
unavailable for use without building a custom version of R.

Byron Ellis (byron.ellis at gmail.com)
"Oook" -- The Librarian