[Rd] PGF Device

Paul Murrell p.murrell at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jan 31 22:23:56 CET 2007

Hi

Thomas Lumley wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
>> There are several devices in packages, and this has been possible since at
>> least R 1.4.0 (from 2001).  There used to be gtkDevice (still on CRAN, but
>> old Gtk), GNOMEdevice (never finished) and an SVG driver
>> (http://www.darkridge.com/~jake/RSvg/), and there are now cairoDevice on
>> CRAN, the quartz device in the R.app front-end, and others.
>>
>> Paul Murrell used to have a list of known graphics devices, but I was
>> unable to locate it quickly.
>>

> There's one at
>    http://www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/~paul/R/devices.html
> but I don't know how up-to-date it is.

Neither do I :)  but I think most of the existing ones are mentioned
there. (except for Cairo, which has now been added).  I have heard talk
of a driver for MetaPost and one for OpenGL at different times, there
was even one from a company wanting one for "our own vector graphics
language", but I don't know if they came to anything.

Paul

>  	-thomas

Dr Paul Murrell
Department of Statistics