[Rd] How to execute R scripts simultaneously from multiple threads

Erik van Zijst r at erik.prutser.cx
Fri Jan 5 10:58:41 CET 2007

Hi Martin,

Your approach of bolting a webservices layer on top of R is a really
nice (and quite natural) thing to do.

I appreciate your early announcement in response to our thread and I'd
very much like to be kept in the loop of future announcements, so please
add my address to your list.

As you already suggested, webservices are fairly expensive with their
HTTP and XML-parsing, making it less suitable for many small
invocations. However, it makes an ideal fit in most other environments.
Webservices adoption has come a long way, so I expect it to easily find
its way into the enterprise (is it GPL-licensed?).

cheers,
Erik

--
<< WAIT >>