[Rd] SHLIB steps on a Makefile

Iago Mosqueira iago.mosqueira at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 22:49:22 CET 2007

Hi,

I need to create a Makefile.win for a given package so as to fiddle
slightly with the compilation process. My Makefile works fine in Linux
but I am having trouble creating Makefile.win for MinGW. I first
looked at the commands that Rcmd SHLIB appeared to be running and
copied those onto the Makefile. But one step seems to be missing, the
creation of the _res.rc file needed by windres

	g++-sjlj -I$(RHOME)/include -I../inst/include/ -O2 -Wall -c pkg.cpp -o pkg.o
	windres --preprocessor="gcc-sjlj -E -xc -DRC_INVOKED"
-I$(RHOME)/include -I../inst/include -i pkg_res.rc -o pkg_res.o
	g++-sjlj -shared -s -o pkg.dll pkg.def pkg.o FL pkg_res.o -L$(RHOME)/bin -lR

This might be fairly obvious, but it is my first attempt at compiling
with MinGW and my search has been fruitless.

What is it that I need to add to replicate what Rcmd SHLIB does?

Many thanks,

Iago Mosqueira