[Rd] Problem compiling R 2.6.1 on POWER 570 system

Mark Komarinski mark_komarinski at hms.harvard.edu
Thu Dec 20 14:39:08 CET 2007

Cookies all around for the rapid and accurate help!

I wound up using a variation of the below (the non-quoted part is what I
changed):

On 12/19/2007 04:15 PM, Andrew Ferris wrote:
> Hello Mark,
>
> Here's the full configure that I used to get 2.4.1 to work on 64bit SLES on a 570:
>
> ./configure CC="gcc -m64" /
> CXX="gxx -m64" /
CXX="g++ -m64"
> F77="gfortran -m64" /
> FC="gfortran -m64" /
> CFLAGS="-mminimal-toc -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -g -O2" /
> FFLAGS="-mminimal-toc -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -g -O2" /
> LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib64 /
> --without-x

This did indeed create a 64-bit executable.

Alas, I won the battle but may still lose the war.  Red Hat did not
include many PPC64 versions of their development libraries
(libxml2-devel for example) that I need to install things like
AnnBuilder.  It looks like RHEL 5 has these available, so I'll need to
upgrade this partition and see if I can get this working.

Again, thanks for the help!

-Mark

Mark Komarinski				mark_komarinski at hms.harvard.edu
Sr. Research Systems Architect		http://ritg.med.harvard.edu