[Rd] Installation of RGtk2 (PR#10519)

Oleg Sklyar osklyar at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Dec 17 16:23:44 CET 2007

RGtk2 is a packages that is a wrapper for GTK+ GUI toolkit. GTK+ itself
is a large separate software package. I do not know if GTK+ is delivered
within the RGtk2, but I doubt it as the former is quite big (at least
with my own package that uses GTK, users need to install GTK
separately). Now on Windows you can install GTK runtime environment as
any other application by downloading it from here:
http://gladewin32.sf.net and running a Windows-standard installation.
The default installation should be fine. After you have GTK installed,
reinstall the RGtk2 package if it does not work automatically.

Actually I just checked http://www.ggobi.org/rgtk2/ and it says that
indeed you need to install GTK separately.

Best,
Oleg

On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 15:00 +0100, caroline.keef at jbaconsulting.co.uk