[Rd] Installation of RGtk2 (PR#10519)

caroline.keef at jbaconsulting.co.uk caroline.keef at jbaconsulting.co.uk
Mon Dec 17 15:00:23 CET 2007

Full_Name: Caroline Keef
Version: 2.6.1
OS: Windows XP
Submission from: (NULL) (195.171.203.131)

I have tried to install the package rggobi which if I'm right requires the
package RGtk2
If I install RGtk2 using the install.packages (I used the UK (Bristol) mirror, I
haven't tried any other mirror) within R and then use library(RGtk2) I get the
following message box

"This application has failed to start because libtak-1.0-0.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I click ok and the following is printed to the R console.

Error in dyn.load(file, ...) :
  unable to load shared library
'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-26~1.1/library/RGtk2/libs/RGtk2.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.

[1] "PLEASE RESTART R BEFORE TRYING TO LOAD THE PACKAGE AGAIN"
Error in .C("R_gtkInit", length(args), x = args, PACKAGE = "RGtk2") :
  C symbol name "R_gtkInit" not in DLL for package "RGtk2"
In addition: Warning message:
In fun(...) :
  Failed to load RGtk2 dynamic library:Error in dyn.load(file, ...) :
  unable to load shared library
'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-26~1.1/library/RGtk2/libs/RGtk2.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.

Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'RGtk2'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'RGtk2'

I've re-started R again and the same happened.  I've also tried downloading the
RGtk2 zip files from the CRAN website and installing from a local zip file
option which gave the same results.  I haven't tried re-installing R to get
around this problem.