[Rd] config error during 2.5.1 compile

Evan Cooch cooch17 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 24 18:24:41 CEST 2007

Have been running 2.5.1 on my multi-pro Opteron box running Fedora Core
5 with no problems. Had compiled previously with no problems. However,
for a variety of reasons (mostly due to ACML upgrade), I tried a
recompile using the following sequence of commands (note I'm compiling
in ACML support for blas):

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/acml3.6.1/gfortran64/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
./configure --with-lapack
--with-blas="-L/opt/acml3.6.0/gfortran64/lib  -lacml"

This is exactly the same steps I took successfully many times before,
but now, when I run the config, it terminates with the following error
message:

config.status: error: cannot find input file: doc/manual/Makefile.in

Now, this puzzles me since doc/manual/Makefile.in is most definitely
there, but the configure script isn't finding it, for some reason.

Is this a tarball bug? I grabbed another from a different mirror, but
ended up with the same error.

Oh, and I can say with authority the problem isn't with ACML - I get the
error even if I point everything at the older (3.6.0) ACML libs. So, the
problem seems to originate in the configure script.

Can anyone confirm, or 'fix' (workaround?)

Ta in advance...