[Rd] Installing dependent packages

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Aug 19 20:35:43 CEST 2007

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007, hadley wickham wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When installing ggplot2 on with install.packages("ggplot2", dep = T),
> the colorspace dependency doesn't get installed (see below for
> transcript from R session).  The relevant lines from my description
> file are:
>
> Depends: R (>= 2.4), grid, reshape (>= 0.8.0), proto, splines, MASS,
> RColorBrewer, colorspace
> Suggests: quantreg, Hmisc, mapproj, maps
>
> Have I done something wrong? Or is this a bug in the installation of
> dependent packages?

You need to start continuation lines with whitespace, but possibly your
mailer wrapped this. (For readability I would wrap it in the DESCRIPTION
file.)

I tried in a vanilla session on Linux and colorspace was installed.  Was
this a vanilla session?  Does it work with type="source"?

It would be helpful if you could debug this as probably no one else can:
the code has been in use for a long time without any reported problems.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk