[Rd] Convert multiple C strings into an R character vector

Hin-Tak Leung hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Sat Aug 11 04:38:43 CEST 2007

R_serialize is the C API counter-part of the serialize() in R.
Reading ?serialize in R would probably do . It would also
help if one understands connections (?connection) - the C API equivalent
is R_connection or R_conn - 'May the source be with you', to
paraphrase Yoda. (the serialization code is in a file called
serial<something>.c in the source bundle, as I recall).