[Rd] Optimization in R

Manuel Morales Manuel.A.Morales at williams.edu
Sat Aug 4 21:58:33 CEST 2007

Thanks for the functions!

I tried installing the multimin function. To get it to compile, I needed
to change the Makefile to reflect my path and by adding the flags fPIC
against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object;
recompile with -fPIC"

However, I get the following running test.R:

Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
        unable to load shared library '/home/mmorales/Desktop/multimin/gsl.so':
  /usr/lib64/libgsl.so.0: undefined symbol: cblas_ctrmv

I'm running R-2.5.1 compiled for x86_64 with a custom built ATLAS.

Manuel