[Rd] rm error on Windows after R CMD INSTALL

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Aug 2 16:02:49 CEST 2007

  Hi,

I seem to have buggered my windows box in such a way that R CMD INSTALL
no longer works, and I can't figure out what is wrong (and Google
doesn't seem to be my friend either...). When installing a package
(doesn't matter what package), I get the following error.

installing to 'c:/R-2.5.1/library'

---------- Making package hthgu133aprobe ------------
   adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
   installing R files
   installing data files
rm: failed to get attributes of `/': No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [c:/R-2.5.1/library/hthgu133aprobe/data] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [pkg-hthgu133aprobe] Error 2
*** Installation of hthgu133aprobe failed ***

Removing 'c:/R-2.5.1/library/hthgu133aprobe'

I'm using the R tools installed via the Rtools.exe installer, have the
Path variable set up correctly, and I don't have Cygwin installed.

Any suggestions?

Best,

Jim

--