[Rd] mirror's choice when installing a package for R-2.5.0 (PR#9643)

ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Apr 30 14:53:12 CEST 2007

These are no bugs in R, but with mirrors (hence CCing to CRAN at ...) and
with bug tracking itself (hence CCing Peter Dalgaard):

1. Unfortunately, some mirror maintainers are currently doing quite a
bad job: A couple of mirrors are either out of sync or syncing
incorrectly by not updating links etc.
I know that checking mirrors and contacting mirror maintainers is on
Fritz Leisch's ToDo list.

For the meantime, you might want to use the Austrian mirror.

2. Peter is certainly already working to fix the bug tracking system's
web frontend ...

Uwe Ligges