[Rd] identify() and metafile copies under Windows XP (PR#9634)

jgvcqa at rit.edu jgvcqa at rit.edu
Wed Apr 25 20:15:04 CEST 2007

I am running R version as follows under Windows XP.

platform       i386-pc-mingw32
arch           i386
os             mingw32
system         i386, mingw32
status
major          2
minor          5.0
year           2007
month          04
day            23
svn rev        41293
language       R
version.string R version 2.5.0 (2007-04-23)

Consider the following R commands and comments

x<-1:10
plot(x)
identify(x,n=1)
# I click under the 4th data point (and "4" appears on the graph). I
save as a Metafile and paste into Word. The original plot and "4" are
copied. This is good.

identify(x)
# I click under the 5th data point (and "5" also now appears on the
graph) and then use the Esc key to stop the processing. I save as a
Metafile and paste into Word. The original plot and "4" are copied, but
"5" is not copied. This is not good.

identify(x,n=1)
# I click under the 6th data point. I save as a Metafile and paste into
Word. The original plot and "4" and "6" are copied, but "5" is not
copied

If I save as a bitmap the "5" is also copied.

The same problem occurred in 2.4.0.

Regards,

Joseph G. Voelkel, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Chair, Graduate Statistics Program
Center for Quality and Applied Statistics
Kate Gleason College of Engineering
Rochester Institute of Technology
V 585-475-2231
F 585-475-5959