[Rd] Problem with: Vignette dependencies (\VignetteDepends{} entries) must be contained in

Gregor Gorjanc gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Wed Apr 18 12:44:31 CEST 2007

Hello!

I have just discovered a possible bug or lack of my knowledge. The last
option is not so uncommon and I decided to ask here before flooding the
bugs repository.

Say I have a package test with vignette. Moving package directory to
some other name, say test2, fails R CMD check with

$ R CMD check test2
* checking for working latex ... OK
* using log directory '/home/ggorjan/programs/R/devel/test2.Rcheck'
* using R version 2.4.1 (2006-12-18)
* checking for file 'test2/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking extension type ... Package
* this is package 'test' version '0.1.0'
* checking package dependencies ... ERROR
Vignette dependencies not required:
  test
Vignette dependencies (\VignetteDepends{} entries) must be contained in
the DESCRIPTION Depends/Suggests entries.

I got the same behaviour with recent R-devel (2007-04-18 r41219). Search
on R-{help,devel} and BioC mailing lists did not show any relevant info
for this error.

Search in R-devel sources reveals that above error string comes from
src/library/tools/R/{all.R,QC.R} - function print.check_package_depends,
which in turns uses info from function .check_package_depends and it
seems to me that relevant code is on lines 2436-2447.

I am attaching both test and test2 tarballs so anyone can test this easily.

Version:
 platform = i486-pc-linux-gnu
 arch = i486
 os = linux-gnu
 system = i486, linux-gnu
 status =
 major = 2
 minor = 4.1
 year = 2006
 month = 12
 day = 18
 svn rev = 40228
 language = R
 version.string = R version 2.4.1 (2006-12-18)

--
Lep pozdrav / With regards,
    Gregor Gorjanc