[Rd] wishlist: additional argument in R_tryEval (Rinternals.h)

Duncan Temple Lang duncan at wald.ucdavis.edu
Sat Apr 7 00:31:17 CEST 2007

Hi Deepayan.

 It is not part of the API, but it is used in numerous packages
that would break if such a change were made.
It is an easy change to make, but not necessarily a robust approach
if we keep adding parameters. If we need the room to add more,
using a structure whose fields are modified within the R_tryEval()
would be more flexible for future evolutions.
But then again, that is creeping towards an object and that is
precisely what we need for the evaluator itself...... (More perhaps
in the future.)

 D.