[Rd] Accessing C++ code from R

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Apr 4 21:27:28 CEST 2007

On Apr 4, 2007, at 2:46 PM, Jos Elkink wrote:

> Thank you - that indeed fixes the first problem (about cout). It
> still leaves the second error, though:
>
> main.cpp:52: error: brace-enclosed initializer used to initialize
> 'R_NativePrimitiveArgType*'
>
> Any ideas about that?

Sure, do what the compiler tells you to - use a reference instead:

static R_NativePrimitiveArgType runSimulation_t[] =
   {INTSXP, INTSXP, INTSXP, REALSXP, REALSXP, REALSXP, INTSXP,
INTSXP, INTSXP,
    INTSXP, INTSXP, INTSXP, REALSXP, REALSXP, INTSXP, INTSXP, INTSXP,
    INTSXP, INTSXP, INTSXP, INTSXP, INTSXP, INTSXP, INTSXP, REALSXP,
    REALSXP, REALSXP};

R_CMethodDef cMethods[] = {
   {"runSimulation", (DL_FUNC) &runSimulation, 27, runSimulation_t},
   {NULL, NULL, 0}
};

BTW have a look at registration.c in R sources for an elegant way to
make this less error-prone when registering multiple functions (and
looking at your argument list ... you should seriously consider
using .Call :P)

Cheers,
Simon