[Rd] R CMD check and x11?

Dominick Samperi dsamperi at DecisionSynergy.com
Tue Sep 26 04:21:42 CEST 2006

One of my demos runs x11() so that I can resize the
window and avoid the "too large for margins" message
from plot. This seems to have a problematic side
effect.

When I run R CMD check on the package that demo
is displayed, because it appears as an example in
one of the man pages, and after this happens EVERY
demo that plots anything is displayed (probably because
they are in man pages).

Normally R CMD check does not cause anything to
be displayed, and this may cause problems if I submit
the package to CRAN.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

ds