[Rd] Incomplete loading of files into Windows script editor, suspected bug regarding non-standard EOL marker handling (PR#9248)

klaus.thul at mac.com klaus.thul at mac.com
Sun Sep 24 04:57:20 CEST 2006

Full_Name: Klaus Thul
Version: R2.3.1 (CRAN binary for Windows)
OS: Windows XP
Submission from: (NULL) (220.132.142.175)

When I read a longer text file created on Mac OS X into the built-in script
editor of R for windows, it is read only incomplete. The same file can be loaded
without problem e. g. into WordPad.

I think the reason for the behavior is that Mac OS X uses different EOL markers,
and R for windows doesn't handle these markers correctly. I don't have access to
an UNIX/LINUX system, but I guess files generated on these systems will cause
the same problem.

 I can provide an example file which fails if necessary.