[Rd] R Citation through time

Friedrich Leisch Friedrich.Leisch at stat.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Sep 13 09:43:34 CEST 2006

  > Forgive me for being naive,
  > but I have not seen any reference where the ISBN was required.  The apa
  > style that I use does not require the ISBN.

It is not required for most citation *styles*. The main reason that we
assigned an ISBN to R is that some
people/journals/departments/... think that software cannot or should
not be cited, and in that cases it often helps to have an ISBN,
because it "looks more official". And the ISBN rules explicitly state
that software should get an ISBN for full references.

Best,
Fritz