[Rd] problem in contour/contourLines (PR#9205)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 5 22:50:34 CEST 2006

It says

/* maximal number of line segments of one contour segment:
 * for preventing infinite loops -- shouldn't be needed --> warning */
#define MAX_ns 25000

so it would be very helpful to have a reproducible example.  Please also
let us have exact details of how you compiled R (CPU, compiler versions,
optimization level ...).

I have tracked a couple of things like this down to extended floating
point issues on ix86 chips, so it may very well be that this is an issue
of stopping an infinite loop.

(25000 segments is very large: a space filling graph on a 50x50 grid only
needs about that many.)

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, dheide at nld.ds.mpg.de wrote:

> Full_Name: Dominik Heide
> Version: 2.3.1