[Rd] make test-Specific?

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Sep 5 01:53:59 CEST 2006

[Gregor Gorjanc]

>In Writing R Extensions manual, section "Testing R code"[1] says:
>"be careful to check if make test-Specific or particularly, cd tests;
>make no-segfault.Rout"

>Actually, make test-Specific also needs "cd tests;" in front.

>[1]http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html#Testing-R-code

Allow me a quick comment about using "cd" in Makefiles, reading by.

Whenever possible, prefer "cd DIR && ACTION" to "cd DIR; ACTION".  This
protects you from ACTION when it has some destructive effect, and DIR
either happens to not exist or is just mistyped, in which case ACTION is
executed in the current directory.

A little good habit that saved me a few times along all those years! :-)

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca