[Rd] setMethod("Logic", ...)

Robin Hankin r.hankin at noc.soton.ac.uk
Fri Sep 1 15:58:29 CEST 2006

Hi

In V&R the "polynomial" class is explicitly specified to have no
logical operators:

setMethod("Logic", signature(e1="polynomial"), function(e1,e2){stop
("...")})

  I too have a class of objects for which I want to
specify that Logic operators do not work, but executing

setClass("brob",
          representation = representation
(x="numeric",positive="logical"),
          prototype      = list(x=numeric(),positive=logical())
          )

setMethod("Logic",signature(e1="brob"), function(e1,e2)
           {
             stop("No logic currently implemented for brob objects")
           }
)

gives me

Error in setMethod("Logic", signature(e1 = "brob"), function(e1, e2) { :
	no existing definition for function 'Logic'

?Math seems to imply that there is no "Logic" group.

So, what is the correct way to specify that logical operations are
not allowed  for "brob" objects?

--
Robin Hankin
Uncertainty Analyst