[Rd] interactive flag unix

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Oct 30 21:42:30 CET 2006

Manfred Georg <mgeorg at arl.wustl.edu> writes:

> Also, what is up with the bug tracker?  Things in there seem to
> be from 2000-2003 and a couple days after filing a bug I still don't
> see it.  Is it being used?  And if not, it should probably be disabled,
> so people don't waste their time posting to the wrong place.

If it's not in incoming (or already filed), then there's a problem,
otherwise not. Things in there get sorted periodically, but that
requires manual intervention. All reports are echoed to the r-devel
list and any comments appended, but there's no guarantee that anyone
has anything to say...

Notice also that several categories span multiple pages, and that they
are sorted by increasing date. We don't throw reports away until we
are absolutely sure that they are outdated, so the first page of each
category can look rather old. (Perhaps we need an "old" category).

There are several things wrong with the bug tracker and we have
reasons to want to replace it at some point, but it is working and we
do use it.