[Rd] Compilation issue (PR#9275)

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Oct 30 15:58:31 CET 2006

On Oct 30, 2006, at 7:31 AM, m.reuter at ucl.ac.uk wrote:

> I have encountered the same problem as the original poster, Andrew,
> even when matching C and fortran compiler versions. I have tried
> both gcc-3.3 with g77 (version 3.4.3) via
>     ./configure CC=gcc-3.3
> and gcc 4.0.0 with gfortran (version 4.0.2) via
>     ./configure FC=gfortran
> but both resulted in the same error
>     Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
>             unable to load shared library
> '/R-2.4.0/library/tools/libs/tools.so':
>       dlopen(/R-2.4.0/library/tools/libs/tools.so, 6): Symbol not
> found: _z_abs
>       Referenced from: /R-2.4.0/lib/libRblas.dylib
>       Expected in: flat namespace
>     Execution halted
>
> I don't want to claim this is a bug, but to point out that matching
> (major) versions of compilers does not cure the problem.

Max,

can you send me the detail about you setup, please? (most importantly
OS X version and platform). Also quite helpful would be the last page
of the confgure output.

The error above looks familiar from times when BLAS parameters had to
be specified at configure time. Depending on your cctools, you may
not be able to use the new system, so possibly you have to use  ./
configure  --with-blas='-framework vecLib' --with-lapack

Cheers,
Simon