[Rd] interactive mode without tty (PR#9320)

tharkban at gmail.com tharkban at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 01:33:20 CEST 2006

Full_Name: Manfred Georg
Version: 2.4.0
OS: linux
Submission from: (NULL) (128.252.166.190)

Hello,

I would like to see a command line flag
--interactive (--no-interactive)
or similar, to explicitly set whether we are in interactive mode on startup
(default, of course, remaining whether input is from a tty or not).  I had to
hack the source so that I could take input from a named pipe and get the
behavior I wanted, and that seems silly to me.  octave, provides exactly such a
flag, which I used, and it worked wonderfully.

This is a quick fix, I can provide a patch if you want.

Thank you,

Manfred