[Rd] Cross-compilation

Tom McCallum term at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Oct 25 18:03:35 CEST 2006

Hi everyone,

I am trying to cross-compile a package I wrote using the Yan and Rossini
tutorial "Building Microsoft Windows versions of R and R packages using
Intel Linux".  I have got reasonably far with this but when doing the
linking using the line:

i586-mingw32-g++  -shared -s  -o mylibrary.dll mylibrary.def mylibrary.o
mylibrary_res.o  -L/my/path/RCrossBuild/WinR/R-2.4.0/bin -lR

I get lots of these type of messages:
/my/path/to/mylibrary.cpp:43: undefined reference to
`_GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_'

and other similar linker errors for virtually every object and command in
the program.  After some googling I have found that there may be problems
with the libgcc.a library and its default -fPIC argument during
compilation.

Has anyone got this tutorial to work and if so how did they overcome this?

I am attempting to do this on Fedora Core 4 on a 32-bit machine, having
completed all the previous sections of the tutorial for building a
cross-platform version of R.

Many thanks

Tom

--