[Rd] arraytake for extracting subarrays from multidimensional arrays

Robin Hankin r.hankin at noc.soton.ac.uk
Thu Oct 19 15:24:24 CEST 2006

Hi

Your arraytake() function does indeed do something
that can't be done elegantly by apltake(), AFAICS

I think that arraytake() would make a splendid addition
to the magic package.

Would that be acceptable?

best wishes

rksh

[I can't help thinking that a judicious use of do.call() could
replace the eval(parse(text=...)) construction tho' . . .]

does more-or-less this.