[Rd] Last R-devel snapshot is an empty tarball

Herve Pages hpages at fhcrc.org
Thu Oct 5 19:04:40 CEST 2006

Martin Maechler wrote:
> Hi Herve,
>
>     Herve> Dear list,
>     Herve> The last R-devel snapshot (2006-10-03) is an empty tarball:
>     Herve> ftp://ftp.stat.math.ethz.ch/Software/R/
>     Herve> Thanks,
>
> Peter already replied.
> The snapshot is now back to normal.
>
> The real problem was that the snapshot was broken for about 10
> days till someone noticed.
> So indeed, we would have been grateful if your e-mail had
> arrived a week earlier ;-) ;-)

Hi Martin, Peter,

Thanks for fixing the problem! I've just downloaded the last
R-devel snapshot tarball (2006-10-04) and will give it a try today...

I did notice the 10-day gap but I suspected you R guys already knew
about it and that you were too busy with the R 2.4.0 pre-release stuff
to care about it _at that moment_. So I decided to wait until after the
release. Then yesterday I saw this R-devel snapshot tarball (the
first one in 12 days) and decided to give it a try, because, like Kurt,
I need it for our check procedure too (Bioconductor) ;-)

Cheers,
H.