[Rd] example using R to aggregate data from multiple Excel files

bryan rasmussen rasmussen.bryan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 10:05:27 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have a project to analyse the various Web server statistics for a
server on a weekly basis for the past year using data maintained in
about 20 excel files per week. I need to go through these files and
aggregate the data, obviously the excel files are pretty simple 2
column affairs (I say obviously because otherwise why was the data
maintained in 20 files for web site usage per week if the files
themselves were not very simple) I am looking for examples of going
over a bunch of excel files with R, extracting the data and then
aggregating for analysis.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen