[Rd] error in xYplot from Hmisc. (PR#9389)

deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 20:07:53 CET 2006

On 11/27/06, mrufino at cripsul.ipimar.pt <mrufino at cripsul.ipimar.pt> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was simply doing a graph, but an error repeatdly occurs. Any idea why?
> (this only happens in the latest R version, I am a windows user).

What version is that exactly? Please give the output of sessionInfo(),
since "the latest R version" means different things to different
people.

> Thank you,
> Marta
>

> library(Hmisc)
> > example(xYplot)
>
> xYplot> d <- expand.grid(x = seq(0, 2 * pi, length = 150),
>     p = 1:3, shift = c(0, pi))
>
> xYplot> xYplot(sin(x + shift)^p ~ x | shift, groups = p, data = d,
>     type = "l")
> Error in xyplot.formula(formula = sin(x + shift)^p ~ x | shift, data =
> list( :
>         argument "x" is missing, with no default

And what made you come to the conclusion that this is a bug in R?

In this case, I'm pretty sure your version of Hmisc is an old one. Run
update.packages() and try again.

-Deepayan