[Rd] Undocumented S4 methods: generic 'show'

Pfaff, Bernhard Dr. Bernhard_Pfaff at fra.invesco.com
Wed Nov 22 14:00:51 CET 2006

Dear R-Devel subsriber,

during the set-up of a package with a NAMESPACE I stumbled over the
following warning during:

R CMD check -l c:/R/package smem

## skipped output
* checking for missing documentation entries ... WARNING
Undocumented S4 methods:
  generic 'show' and siglist 'equation'
All user-level objects in a package (including S4 classes and methods)
## skipped output

However, I do have in the Rd.-file for class 'equation' an \alias{} as:

\alias{show, equation-method}

and I have included in the same file:

\section{Methods}{
  \describe{
    \item{show}{\code{signature(object = "equation")}: Prints the
      formula and the type of an equation.}
    }
}

The show-method for objects of class 'equation' is defined as:

setMethod("show", signature(object = "equation"), function(object){
  cat("\nFormula:\n")
  print(object at formula)
  cat(paste("Type of equation:", object at type, "\n"))
}
)

In the NAMESPACE, I have included:

exportMethods("show")

Any pointers are most welcome.

Best,
Bernhard

> R.version
               _

platform       i386-pc-mingw32

arch           i386

os             mingw32

system         i386, mingw32

status         Under development (unstable)

major          2

minor          5.0

year           2006

month          10

day            10

svn rev        39600

language       R

version.string R version 2.5.0 Under development (unstable) (2006-10-10
r39600)

Dr. Bernhard Pfaff
Global Structured Products Group
(Europe)

Invesco Asset Management Deutschland GmbH
Bleichstrasse 60-62
D-60313 Frankfurt am Main

Tel: +49(0)69 29807 230
Fax: +49(0)69 29807 178